Greetings TV fans! For today, I am going to be counting down my top five moments from CW’s Riverdale season 2, episode 6. The introduction of a new target on the Black Hood’s radar called the “Sugar Man” had everyone on edge. Jughead and Archie took a page out of Dominic Toretto’s book from The Fast and the Furious, and Cheryl Blossom…well blossomed into a likable character. Please note that spoilers are ahead if you have not gotten a chance to watch yet. My top 5 moments from Riverdale, season 2 episode 6 are:
5) Archie makes the right call. Archie and Jughead are about to participate in a drag race, winner takes all. Jughead is out to win at any cost and Archie makes the right call by notifying the authorities ahead of time. Since drag racing is illegal, the Ghoulies involved are arrested and off the streets for now. While this may temporarily solve the Jingle Jangle problem, Riverdale’s new favorite drug, Jughead points out that the Ghoulies are going to be after Archie when they get out of jail and that the plan will back-fire. Jughead has not been seeing so clearly since Betty broke up with him and he needed Archie to knock some sense into him before he spirals out of control.
4) Cheryl’s “moment” at the drag race. Cheryl had me laughing out loud telling Toni to step aside and that she was born for this. She was dressed perfectly for the occasion and dropped her red ribbon in perfect fashion, as the cars sped off in a fury. I think you might have found your new calling Cheryl. Keep the laughs coming.
3) Betty & Veronica team up to draw out the “Sugar Man.” I have to admit when Veronica showed up on the corner to score some Jingle Jangle in her platform purple pumps; she took undercover to a new level. The duo worked together in a failed attempt but it was nice to see them back on good terms again.
2) Cheryl’s mother proves she does have a heart. I found it impossibly cold of Cheryl’s mother to make a deal with the Sinclair family, implying that Cheryl had something to do with her almost attack. Cheryl has been looking for some sense of family since Jason has died. At the end of the episode, Cheryl’s mother reveals to her the identity of the “Sugar Man” and throws the check into the fire that the Sinclair’s gave her. This gesture provides Cheryl with a glimmer of hope that her mother does believe in her even if she doesn’t show it very often.
1) Betty turns the tables on the Black Hood. Betty has been following orders and jeopardizing her relationships and friendships in the process. After providing the Black Hood with the identity of the “Sugar Man,” who ends up being Jughead’s English teacher, she tells him that she is going to find out who he or she is next. She’s coming for the Black Hood and I have to say it’s about time. He or she is no match for Betty.
I hope you enjoyed the list and feel free to post your thoughts and theories on Riverdale below. Happy Viewing!
Amy Koto, TV Fanatic Girl