Happy Monday TV viewers! After watching my Sunday evening shows, I am excited to discuss Showtime’s Shameless, season 8 episode 2. I am already hooked on the second season and from talking to other fans of the show, they are too. Please note spoilers are ahead if you have not gotten a chance to watch yet. My top 5 moments from yesterday’s episode are:
- Kevin’s “save second base” tee-shirt at his cancer group therapy meeting. I was thoroughly amused by Kevin’s need to share with the group about his fear of not being able to be “groped” by other men to make money and he seemed right at home surrounded by a sea of women. I am ecstatic that Kevin will be alright and his misunderstanding of the word benign kept the laughs coming.
- Lip running, or really sprinting, every time he craves an alcoholic drink is still making me laugh. He has a lot of intense feelings going on and doesn’t really know how to deal with them. So he then naturally breaks into Charlie’s apartment to steal the drugs he planted after he feels remorse seeing him at one of his addiction meetings, and then gets attacked by his dog. I didn’t think this moment could get any funnier until Charlie came to see him and gave him a hug to show his appreciation for Lip looking out for him. Sure Lip’s plan might have back-fired, but at least he is making the right choices…or correcting them.
- Deb’s new sense of confidence. Debbie is embracing her womanhood and is leaving poor Neil to play full-time parent to her daughter, while taking on drinking adventures with her new work friends. Deb has always been self-absorbed, but is now taking it to a new level. Neil gives her a compliment about how nice her outfit looks and she replies with “I know right!” Very Clueless-esque if I might say so. My favorite part of Deb’s transformation into a sort of trashy butterfly is Kev saying “what are you wearing?!” when she walks into the bar with a look of disdain. This didn’t snap her back into reality, however; as she embraces her new found confidence and winds up with a new hair style and a hickey! Poor Neil.
- Ian crying while cuddling in the arms of a “chub” had me laughing for a few and I didn’t think this moment could get any funnier until he decides to forever honor his mother, Monica by getting a tattoo. The tattoo artist starts talking about how you can’t really pin down emotional pain and that’s why a tattoo is therapeutic when Ian shares about his mom. The tattoo artist explains that he wished he had known it was his mom before he started, as Ian displays a look of horror at the naked breasts tattooed onto his back. Absolutely hilarious.
- Fiona gets ditched by her renters. From Mrs. Cardinal’s fake dog to the woman who actually runs away from her with 10 million screaming kids, Fiona is stepping into a new role of leadership and accountability. She starts off playing the nice landlord and even gives the woman a chance to pay her part of the rent now which I thought was more than fair. However, after that check for one cent, there is no fury like Fiona scorned. She places an eviction notice on her door to show everyone that she means business. Go Fiona!
I hope you enjoyed my top 5 moments from season 8 episode 2. Please feel free to post your comments below and share some of your own as well. Happy viewing!
Amy Koto, TV Fanatic Girl