Happy Friday TV Fans! I hope that you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving holiday spent with family and friends. Thankfully, we were given a new episode of the CW’s Supernatural to enjoy. After watching Season 13 episode 7, it feels like everyone is coming back from the dead. Please note spoilers are ahead if you have not gotten a chance to watch yet. Our old prophet friend, Kevin has returned along with some enemies sprinkled into the mix. Lucifer walks the mean streets of earth and gets a harsh slap of reality while seeking help from any unlikely source. Fans are left with an open question as to Rowena’s whereabouts. Sure we thought she was toast, but Supernatural doesn’t let any character rest for too long. My top 5 moments from Supernatural season 13 episode 7 are:
5) Lucifer returns to earth and a woman mistakes him as a homeless man. So Lucifer has once again figured out a clever way to escape the portal he was in and is making friends everywhere he goes. His powers are severely weakened which makes this moment even funnier. There is nothing Lucifer can do about it except to come up with a snappy one liner to satisfy his need for revenge. Who would have thought that a mortal could put Satan himself in his place?
4) Kevin is back! Or maybe a version of Kevin…I was a little unclear on this but either way it was great to see our old friend Kevin back in the mix. He is still utilizing his gift as a prophet but is now working for the angel, Michael, and could be a threat to humanity. Will Sam and Dean be reunited with him? Is he back for more episodes? It’s uncertain, but it was nice to see a familiar face amongst all of the villains coming to the surface.
3) Is Rowena alive? Other characters are creeping to the surface so it would make sense that an all powerful witch like Rowena may be alive somewhere in another world or dimension. I have to admit I do miss the way her accent pronounces Winchester every time she is trying to thwart an effort of the brothers. With Crowley gone, we need a villain with a good sense of humor to work with or against Lucifer. We know that Mr. Ketch is after witches searching for her, which makes one think she is more than likely alive. I for one hope that she is and would love to see a bewitching come-back.
2) Lucifer turns to an unlikely friend for help. Lucifer is back on earth and is threatened by Kevin and Michael so who does he go to? Naturally, he teams up with our favorite angel, Castiel. Lucifer’s pep talk to Castiel is hilarious as he underplays the severity of the situation saying “we’re sorta all going to die” with a playful shrug. He is looking to recruit Castiel but is trying to use him at the same time to find out where Jack is in all of this. I have to admit I also enjoyed the proud father moment from Lucifer even though it is twisted and centered on how much pain his son caused. Lucifer listened like a giddy school girl, but clearly does have some connection to his son. It will be interesting to see what happens when they meet for the first time.
1) Ketch is not a twin, but Ketch himself! Dean knew that something was not adding up with Ketch’s story. There was even documentation about this claim that he was a twin, but Dean still wasn’t buying it and I don’t blame him. He noticed the look in Ketch’s eyes when he mentioned his mother, Mary, signaling to Dean that he is the real Ketch and somehow Rowena is the key to him surviving longer in this world. Ketch was a worthy opponent mostly because he tugs at Dean’s emotions and vulnerability. Will Dean be able to put his own personal vendetta against Ketch aside to do right by the greater good? Good thing he has Sam there to keep him grounded.
I hope you enjoyed the list and feel free to post your own thoughts and theories about Supernatural below. Happy viewing!
Amy Koto, TV Fanatic Girl